Dealing with the media needn’t feel like a dark art. During a three-hour session, we’ll show you:
- Why free news coverage can save you thousands of pounds promoting your business
- How to find newsworthy stories in your company and what’s most likely to interest reporters
- How to determine the right media outlet for you – and how to approach a journalist
- The dos and don’ts of writing a press release
- Simple interview techniques to make sure you make your point clearly
- The art of timing your news for maximum benefit
- How to build your relationship with the media.
- How to deal with a crisis and cope if bad news breaks
All of our courses include a brainstorming session to help you come up with ideas to use immediately. There’s plenty of time for you to ask questions. If you’ve had a bad experience dealing with the media in the past, we can discuss that too.
Our focus is firmly on practical, easy-to-digest advice. We will teach you the tricks of the trade and help you understand journalists considering news stories. At the end of the session, you should be able to put your knowledge to use straightaway.
We’ll also give you simple, easy to understand course notes you can take away with you.
All courses begin at 4pm. Attendees should arrive by 3.55pm in order to begin on time. Our training courses last three hours, with an opportunity afterwards to chat further and discuss any further needs or points you’d like to raise.